   DTD Question

  • From: "Samuel R. Blackburn" <sblackbu@erols.com>
  • To: <xml-dev@ic.ac.uk>
  • Date: Sat, 17 Oct 1998 06:41:48 -0400

I just attended a briefing about XML. One of the things
that struck me was, if I understand the presenter, DTD
thinks the world is flat. Is it possible for DTD to describe
elements of the same name but have different meaning?

Consider the following:

Is it possible in DTD to say that NAME.FIRST is a string
and ROUTE.FIRST is a number?

(un)subscribe xml-dev
subscribe xml-dev-digest
List coordinator, Henry Rzepa (mailto:rzepa@ic.ac.uk)