   XLink and XPtr - MIA?

  • From: "Simon St.Laurent" <simonstl@simonstl.com>
  • Date: Fri, 23 Oct 1998 21:38:58 -0400

It's been a very long time since there's been any real news on the XLink
and XPointer fronts, and those of us outside the W3C don't have any way
(that I can find - is there a mailing list?) of getting any official news
from the W3C on these projects.

Are XLink and XPointer still alive?  Are people still working on them?

Just curious.  In the meantime, I'm having lots of fun building some simple
apps based on the March 1998 draft, but I'd kind of like to here if I'm
what I'm working on is still breathing.

Simon St.Laurent
Dynamic HTML: A Primer / XML: A Primer
Cookies / Sharing Bandwidth (November)