Lists Home |
Date Index |
- From: Ronald Bourret <email@example.com>
- To: "'xml-dev'" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Wed, 28 Oct 1998 11:13:22 +0100
In the last round of reviews, a couple of minor changes have been suggested. I list these below for review. If nobody objects by end of day Friday, I will add these to the current spec (along with some minor editorial changes) and publish a final, definitive, we're-done (really) version this weekend.
1) Remove Element and ElementNS from AttDef and AttGroup.
Currently, you can define an attribute for an element in two ways:
a) place the AttGroup/AttDef inside the ElementDecl, or
b) place the AttGroup/AttDef directly under XSchema and have it point to the element through the Element and ElementNS attributes
As several people have pointed out, method (b) is really a DTD-ism and should be removed. There are no technical reasons for it to exist and the rules governing inheritance of the ElementNS attribute are reason alone for it not to exist.
AttGroup/AttDef will still remain under XSchema for defining global attributes. (This is the role they currently fulfill when the Element attribute is omitted.)
2) In the XSchema PI, add a Version pseudo-attribute so that a validator does not have to retrieve a file that uses a version it can't cope with.
3) When validating against an XSchema, the declaration of the root element must have a Root attribute of "Recommended" or "Possible". (Currently, only Recommended is allowed.)
-- Ron Bourret
xml-dev: A list for W3C XML Developers. To post, mailto:email@example.com
Archived as: http://www.lists.ic.ac.uk/hypermail/xml-dev/
To (un)subscribe, mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org the following message;
To subscribe to the digests, mailto:email@example.com the following message;
List coordinator, Henry Rzepa (mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org)