   ANN: XML-APP Mailing List

  • From: "Don Park" <donpark@quake.net>
  • To: <xml-dev@ic.ac.uk>
  • Date: Sun, 1 Nov 1998 18:15:38 -0800

I would like to announce the opening of the XML-APP mailing list.

WHAT:

XML-APP is a mailing list specifically for those interested in applying the
XML technology to real world applications.  It is not a place to discuss
general XML issues nor is it a place for the naive.

WHY:

I have felt that the quality of messages on the XML-DEV mailing list was too
high and too esoteric to encourage sharing of information among those who
are experienced enough to see the value of XML at first glance yet don't
give a hoot about things like architectural forms.  In other words, it is
difficult for carpenters to talk shop while architects are about.

HOW:

You can subscribe by sending a blank message to:

    mailto:xml-app-subscribe@sunsite.auc.dk

The mailing list itself is at:

    mailto:xml-app@sunsite.auc.dk

BUT:

It is my opinion that XML-DEV is the center of all XML activities.  I have
been and will continue to be an active member of the XML-DEV community.
XML-APP should be considered a subgroup of XML-DEV community and never as a
competing mailing list.

FYI:

XML-APP is being hosted by SunSITE Denmark.  List owners are Don Park of
Docuverse and Jørgen Nielsen of SunSITE Denmark.

Best,

Don Park
Docuverse

(un)subscribe xml-dev