   FW: Creation of XML documents

  • From: "Borden, Jonathan" <jborden@mediaone.net>
  • To: <xml-dev@ic.ac.uk>
  • Date: Thu, 5 Nov 1998 09:57:34 -0500

There are several answers to this problem, including XML generation classes.
A standard way to do this is to persist your data into a DOM object and then
ask it to save itself. You might look at Jade (http://www.jclark.com) or
IBM's xml4j as a start.

Jonathan Borden
JABR Technolgy

> I am working on a project where we will use XML to exchange information
> between
> applications in different government agenices. We want to implement both
> on-line access
> between applications and asynchronous store & forward type of
> mechanisms.
>
> I understand that there are 'lots' of good XML parsers (we have tried
> some) out there and that SAX and DOM are
> the prefered ways for applications to 'read' XML structures. I would
> like to ask if there's anyone
> that have the opposite problem i.e. for applications to create XML
> documents on-the-fly. Of course
> the developer could 'hand code' the XML structures which is error prone
> and booring . I am looking
> for something (API, lib) so that we could avoid this.
>
> I would like to have a 'library' to which the application developer
> could say 'using this DTD please
> instantiate a XML document and help me to fill it in'.
>
> Any solutions?

(un)subscribe xml-dev
subscribe xml-dev-digest
List coordinator, Henry Rzepa (mailto:rzepa@ic.ac.uk)