   Question about sending and receiving XML via ASP's

  • From: "Sudhanshu Bagora" <sbagora@inacom.com>
  • To: xml-dev@ic.ac.uk
  • Date: Fri, 13 Nov 1998 11:44:29 -0600

Hi,

I am currently working on a project which passes XML back and forth via
ASP's.

The scenario is as follows:

1)  Page1.asp is creating an XMLBlock and passing it on to Page2.asp
2) Page2.asp saves the XMLBlock in a file and loads it, parses it and does
some processing.
Then Page2.asp forms another new ReturnXMLBlock which needs to be passed
back to Page1.asp

The method i am using to pass XMLBlock from Page1.asp to Page2.asp is

XMLDoc.URL = "http://.... Page2.asp?XMLBlock=" + XMLBlock

Parse ReturnXMLBlock

and am expecting ReturnXMLBlock to be loaded in XMLDoc after this above
statement is processed.

This above operation is not successful.  I have tried to do it in IE4.0 as
well as IE5.0

The question i have is:

a)  Is this valid? Can i expect to get a new ReturnXMLBlock after the
XMLDoc.URL statement is processed.
b)  If it is valid -  What am i doing wrong?
c)  What would the syntax be in Page2.asp where i am returning the
ReturnXMLBlock? In Script tags or plain XML tags??

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

-sudhanshu-

(un)subscribe xml-dev