   XSA: Almost ready to go

  • From: Lars Marius Garshol <larsga@ifi.uio.no>
  • To: xml-dev@ic.ac.uk
  • Date: 14 Nov 1998 14:53:44 +0100

I'm pleased to announce that one XML application that actually uses
XML for exchanging informaation over the network and automatically
acting on it is almost ready for use. The XSA system I proposed here
earlier this year[1] has now been polished, documented and had
software developed for it.

The system is now going into beta for a while until I'm satisfied that
all bugs have been shaken out of the software and that nobody will
come forth and demand changes to the system. This should hopefully
only take a couple of weeks.

So anyone who is interested is invited to have a look at the XSA web
site at

<URL:http://birk105.studby.uio.no/www_work/xsa/>

Any feedback on the site, the system or the code is most welcome.

When I first suggested this there was some talk about coordinating
this with Trove, LSM and OSD. These avenues have been explored, and
have so far only lead to adding support for OSD to the system, mainly
because these systems had other goals than XSA has.

--Lars M.

[1] <URL:http://www.lists.ic.ac.uk/hypermail/xml-dev/9808/0147.html>

(un)subscribe xml-dev
subscribe xml-dev-digest