   Re: ISO/IEC Standardization Activities: Procedural Background

  • From: "G. Ken Holman" <gkholman@CanadaMail.com>
  • To: xml-dev@ic.ac.uk
  • Date: Sat, 21 Nov 1998 14:57:59 -0800

At 98/11/14 10:17 -0600, W. Eliot Kimber wrote:
>[Warning: boring but important standards stuff. Please read to the end if
>you can.]
>If you are in the U.S., or you don't know who your SC34 delegates are (and
>I don't know why you would--we're not exactly international celebrities),
>you can forward your comments to me in my capacity as a member of the U.S.
>delegation to SC34 and I will either incorporate your comments with ours or
>pass them on to the appropriate national body, if there is one (not all ISO
>members send delegations to SC34).

For Canadian members of XML-DEV, I am the chair of the Canadian National
Body committee: CAC/ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC 34

The Canadian perspective of international standards is managed and
shepherded by the Standards Council of Canada.

There is a Canadian maillist for the work of the committee (quite quiet
lately), so if you wish to participate formally as a member of the Canadian
committee, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Thanks!

--
G. Ken Holman               mailto:gkholman@CanadaMail.com
Crane Softwrights Ltd.  http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/m/