Lists Home |
Date Index |
- From: "Rick Jelliffe" <email@example.com>
- To: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Tue, 24 Nov 1998 23:37:25 +1100
We are starting a project, probably called "Chinese XML Now!".
The aims are:
1) Help Chinese users to find out which XML tools support Chinese:
* Chinese XML sample documents and test bed
* Web page with results
2) Help Western XML (freeware) parser developers support Chinese XML
* port code to Chinese (i.e. the read/write routines)
* make this code available to the developers to include in their
parsers, if they wish.
Initially we will target the Big5 encoding only. (Other groups may
contribute other Chinese encodings.)
We are interested in any other similar Chinese (or CJK) work in this area.
Please contact me if you can contribute time or code. (Email to me in
English if possible--do not worry if it is not perfect!)
The purpose of the project is to fast-track the availability of XML tools
which can input or output Chinese character encodings correctly, so that XML
will be just as convenient in the Chinese context as it is for Western
I will post more details to this XML-DEV list as they firm up.
xml-dev: A list for W3C XML Developers. To post, mailto:email@example.com
Archived as: http://www.lists.ic.ac.uk/hypermail/xml-dev/
To (un)subscribe, mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org the following message;
To subscribe to the digests, mailto:email@example.com the following message;
List coordinator, Henry Rzepa (mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org)