   Re: XLink/XPointer Developer's List

  • From: "Simon St.Laurent" <simonstl@simonstl.com>
  • To: xml-dev@ic.ac.uk
  • Date: Wed, 02 Dec 1998 13:36:01 -0500

At 09:51 AM 12/2/98 -0600, W. Eliot Kimber wrote:
>At 09:40 AM 12/2/98 -0500, Simon St.Laurent wrote:
>>harden, deserve their own space.  I'd like to see some members of the
>>HyTime community who haven't been working full tilt with XML join the
>>discussion,
>
>I actually don't know of anyone I would consider part of the HyTime
>community that hasn't been heavily involved with XML in one way or another
>(although I can't claim we've all been working "full tilt", although many
>of us are or have been). Certainly all the editors of the standard have
>been, as have long-time users like Lloyd Harding (SMIL), Michel Biezunski
>(Topic Maps), and Martin Bryan (XML EDI, Topic Maps). Fujistu (HyBrick) has
>been a long-time user of HyTime and an early implementor of Xlink/Xpointer.
> Steve DeRose of course is the editor of the Xlink and Xpointer specs.  I
>personally did a partial implementation in DSSSL
>(<http://www.drmacro.com/hyprlink/xlink/>).
>
>And, of course, I subscribed to the new mailing list immediately.

To clarify: I didn't mean to say that HyTime folks weren't participating.
>From where I am (in the XML-only, non-standards-body-participant
community), I haven't heard too many of these folks _talking_.  I'd like to
see much more active participation by the entire hypertext community, and
think this could be achieved at least in part by providing an XML forum
specifically dedicated to hyperlinking technology.

Thanks,

Simon St.Laurent
XML: A Primer / Cookies
Sharing Bandwidth (December)