   RE: Storing XML/Streaming HTML

  • From: Avneet Sawhney <sawhneya@ms.com>
  • To: xml-dev@ic.ac.uk
  • Date: Wed, 09 Dec 1998 19:26:40 -0500

Hi,

With respect to this issue, the thread has so far focused on the
XML->HTML transformation. However, before getting to that stage, how are
people going
about creating one single XML stream when retrieving information from
more
than one source? My data is in its original format(RDBMS, etc.) but,
upon
retrieval,  I convert to a XML representation before further processing.

Let's say that the client does a single (logical) query. If this always
resulted
in a single physical query, I would have a general idea how to go about
it.
But, what if a given logical query needs to generate more than one
physical query?

The sources could be anything, but let's just say that my middle tier
receives a
query where it has to get information from two database servers, and the

information (SQL) it gets back is to be combined into one XML stream.

Besides doing this with lots of coding, I guess one alternative is using

webMethod's B2B.

I'd appreciate some insight as to what other people are doing to achieve
this
virtual querying capability. Sorry if this topic has been raised before.

Thanks in advance,

-Avneet

(un)subscribe xml-dev
subscribe xml-dev-digest