   Re:

  • From: "Rick Jelliffe" <ricko@allette.com.au>
  • To: <hassan.hussein@zurich.com>,<xml-dev@ic.ac.uk>
  • Date: Thu, 14 Jan 1999 02:34:45 +1100

1) make sure the file has a .xml extension
2) make sure the file is valid. Download XML Notepad from Microsoft: it
is not a validator, but it gives some error messages, and it is simple
install.
3) do you have an XML header PI at the very top of your file? Is it
lower case?
4) check how IE5 beta has displayed your file: is it in multiple colours
and with little + and - buttons on the left side? If this is so, then
you are looking at the default stylesheet for XML, and not just the text
file.

Rick Jelliffe