   XSL and Architectural Forms.

  • From: David LeBlanc <whisper@accessone.com>
  • To: "ML XMLDev" <xml-dev@ic.ac.uk>
  • Date: Sat, 06 Feb 1999 17:30:15 -0800

I split this out from names, dates etc. because it seems worthy of
discussion on it's own merits.

Firstly, as I understand Arch. forms, they are the declaration of some
entities which have the effect of attaching one or more DTDs or DTD
fragments that defines a set of attributes that can be added to various
elements.

Does using arch. forms prevent attaching an xsl style sheet?

Is there any reason an xsl template can't have attributes? Is there any
point to this?

It seems to me that, as someone already pointed out, that a lot of the
avalanche of proposals pending at the W3C are either DTDs or Arch. forms -
many of which really don't have any place at the W3C if it weren't that the
proposers where trying to have their idea of what's best cast into a W3C
recommendation. (I'm not including XSL in this category!)

Dave LeBlanc

(un)subscribe xml-dev
subscribe xml-dev-digest
List coordinator, Henry Rzepa (mailto:rzepa@ic.ac.uk)