   LISTRIVIA [was Re: XML - NG]

  • From: Peter Murray-Rust <peter@ursus.demon.co.uk>
  • To: "'xml-dev@ic.ac.uk'" <xml-dev@ic.ac.uk>
  • Date: Thu, 14 Jan 1999 19:10:23

At 12:26 14/01/99 -0500, [an XML-DEVer] wrote:

[A short message]

followed by about 30 times more quoted material.

I haven't posted LISTRIVIA recently, so just to let those of you new to the
list:
	- please do not quote material without thinking. A good posting quotes
paragraphs from previous posters and intersperses them with high-quality
comment. I cannot easily think of examples where quoted material should
exceed the real posting.
	- please do not attach any documents. This includes HTML generated from
certain mailers. Attachments:
		- foul up the mailer
		- increase my personal phone bill (yup!, I really have to pay to read
about XML)
		- make some people annoyed.

In general XML-DEV is for developers of XML. We're not heavy about what is
posted but in general it's not appropriate to ask newbie questions about
XML itself (see http://www.oasis-open.org/cover and http://www.ucc.ie/xml).
There are also several other forums (comp.text.xml and XML-L).

A particular feature of XML-DEV is the collaborative development of
resources (programs, APIs, specifications, protocols, examples, etc.) If
you have something to contribute, don't feel shy.

	P.

net connection
http://www.venus.co.uk/vhg

(un)subscribe xml-dev