   RE: XML Component API

  • From: Michael.Kay@icl.com
  • To: xml-dev@ic.ac.uk
  • Date: Tue, 19 Jan 1999 09:33:25 -0000

> The SAXON framework seems well suited for doing XSL-like
> transformations,
> but doesn't solve the problem of combining different XML processing
> components into a single computation - at least, it doesn't
> seem to have
> have any advantage over the SAX interfaces in this very
> specific regard.

You're right: I've been struggling this week trying to implement stylesheets
using SAXON, which requires multiple XML processing components, and it's not
easy. SAXON is good at producing multiple outputs from one input, but
multiple inputs (files or views) is more difficult. If anyone has any
suggestions, please let me know! I've started looking at MDSAX to see if
that offers any inspiration: perhaps it will, when I understand it better.

Mike Kay

(un)subscribe xml-dev
subscribe xml-dev-digest
List coordinator, Henry Rzepa (mailto:rzepa@ic.ac.uk)