   Re: Forums

  • From: Murray Maloney <murray@muzmo.com>
  • To: xml-dev@ic.ac.uk
  • Date: Thu, 21 Jan 1999 11:44:29 -0500

At 11:08 AM 1/21/99 -0500, Simon St.Laurent wrote:
>At 10:39 AM 1/21/99 -0500, Chris Maden wrote (re Namespaces):
>>True, I'm not a sophisticated programmer, and I may be overlooking
>>something.  But I have a hard time seeing Tim Bray and James Clark
>>bulled by political pressure, even (especially?) from Microsoft.
>
>A key problem, however, is that none of us outside the charmed circle can
>see in, leaving us to draw our own conclusions about who is doing the
>bullying, if in fact there is any.  This does little to enhance the W3C's
>credibility or that of Tim Bray, James Clarke, or Microsoft.
>
>>In short, can we try to keep the discussion, at least on this list, to
>>concrete technical issues?
>
>It's a good idea - but where exactly should we go with the more abstract
>and political stuff?  There isn't a forum, and even if there was, what
>assurances would there be that the W3C (or anyone else in fact) would be
>listening?

There are plenty of people who participate in the W3C who are listening.
There have been numerous occasions when discussions on this list
have been brought up in W3C WG calls/meetings. This is an incredibly
useful list, and I think that we would ignore it at our peril.

Murray Maloney, Esq.          Phone: (905) 509-9120
Muzmo Communication Inc.      Fax:   (905) 509-8637
671 Cowan Circle              Email: murray@muzmo.com
Pickering, Ontario 		Email: murray@yuri.org
Canada, L1W 3K6

(un)subscribe xml-dev