   Re: SAX: Next Round

  • From: Lars Marius Garshol <larsga@ifi.uio.no>
  • To: "XML Developers' List" <xml-dev@ic.ac.uk>
  • Date: 22 Jan 1999 12:30:53 +0100

* Bill la Forge

| [Excellent description of the two different directions filters
| can be viewed in]
|
| The conclusion, then, is that the less SAX says about filters, the
| better.

I agree with this in the sense that the FilterManager should not be
specified by SAX, however, the actual Filters themselves should, I
think, be specified.

The goal must be that both views should be supportable by any SAX
Filter, allowing the same filters to be reused in MDSAX, Cowans model
and in any other filter models that may spring up later.

I think the best way to achieve this is to use interfaces that present
different views of the Filter, essentially what I yesterday (yesterday
for me, anyway :) called the 'separate interfaces' model.

I'll see if I can find the time tomorrow to devise a design that
allows this.

--Lars M.

(un)subscribe xml-dev
subscribe xml-dev-digest