   Re: Question on ANY (its use in RDF)

  • From: costello@mail11.mitre.org (Roger L. Costello)
  • To: xml-dev@ic.ac.uk
  • Date: Mon, 25 Jan 99 07:15:26 -0500

Marcus Carr wrote:

>> Here is RDF.dtd:

>> <!ENTITY % value "( %rdfObj; | PCDATA )">
>>
>> <!ELEMENT rdf:li ( %value; )>
>>

>Nor is the element PCDATA, used in the parameter entity named value. If
this is
>supposed to be #PCDATA, it needs to appear before %rdfObj;. Unless we're
missing
>something about extending this DTD, it appears to be a dud. Someone has
not been
>very considerate of your time.

I guess that I should know this,  but why would #PCDATA need to come before
%rdfObj?

I got this RDF.dtd off the IBM alphaworks site.   Someone emailed me and
said that there is no RDF.dtd.  True/false?

Back to my original question - if I define an element in a DTD of type ANY,
can I create a child element in an instance document that is not in the
DTD?    /Roger

>--
>Regards,
>
>Marcus Carr                      email:  mrc@allette.com.au
>___________________________________________________________ ________
>Allette Systems (Australia)      www:    http://www.allette.com.au
>___________________________________________________________ ________
>"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler."
>       - Einstein
>

>xml-dev: A list for W3C XML Developers. To post, mailto:xml-dev@ic.ac.uk
>Archived as: http://www.lists.ic.ac.uk/hypermail/xml-dev/
>To (un)subscribe, mailto:majordomo@ic.ac.uk the following message;