   Re: Why SAX needs namespace support

  • From: "Bill la Forge" <b.laforge@jxml.com>
  • To: "Dan Brickley" <Daniel.Brickley@bristol.ac.uk>, <xml-dev@ic.ac.uk>
  • Date: Wed, 27 Jan 1999 08:28:42 -0500

>Yep. Why not just say that these properties are identified with URIs and
>leave it at that? http: URLs could then happily co-exist with URNs,
>uuid URLs etc etc without changing the basic architecture.

Well, I think we'd want to go the extra step and define some common
option names.

And since these need not be implemented, it would be good to define
a moderately comprehensive set of standard option names. The one
proviso should be that any names that are defined should have clear
meaning, though its always a guess at to what will remain clear over time.

Bill

(un)subscribe xml-dev
subscribe xml-dev-digest
List coordinator, Henry Rzepa (mailto:rzepa@ic.ac.uk)