   Re: Why SAX needs namespace support

  • From: james anderson <James.Anderson@mecomnet.de>
  • To: Tim Bray <tbray@textuality.com>, "XML Developers' List" <xml-dev@ic.ac.uk>
  • Date: Thu, 28 Jan 1999 10:03:41 +0100

I reread this note today and have a rather basic question about it:

Tim Bray wrote:

> ...  The following two documents are namespace-equivalent:
>
> <a xmlns:A='http://a.b.c'> | <a xmlns:A='http://a.b.c'
>                            |    xmlns:X='http://x.y.z'>
>   <b xmlns='http://a.b.c'> |   <A:b>
>     <c/>                   |     <A:c/>
>   </b>                     |   </A:b>
>   <d xmlns='http://z.y.z'> |   <X:d>
>     <A:e></A:e>            |     <A:e></A:e>

> (surely everyone agrees that I get the same DOM tree from both
> instances)

I would have thought that the respective "a", "http://a.b.c::b", and
"http://x.y.z::d" elements comprised different attributes. ? Is there
something in the intent of the recommendation which I have overlooked?

(un)subscribe xml-dev
subscribe xml-dev-digest
List coordinator, Henry Rzepa (mailto:rzepa@ic.ac.uk)