   RE: Distributed DOM implementations

  • From: "Ingo Elfering" <elfering@medicaldataservice.de>
  • To: "XML-DEV" <xml-dev@ic.ac.uk>
  • Date: Thu, 28 Jan 1999 17:51:45 -0000

We have such a system working (if I understand your question right).

It´s a DCOM (!) object that is used from a client via a browser to manage
patient healthcare data. The DCOM objects handles all logic like access
permissions, where to the other side it uses the IE 5 Beta2 DOM/XML/XSL
object to handle XML data. It runs under MTS and actually stores the data in
a SQL DB. The system is in pilot installations running. The client sees
pre-parsed data, partly as properties, partly as a XML stream. Caching is
handled via a client side COM object that uses this data DCOM obj. Run's
fine ! Not too difficult too build... Anything I can answer ?

Mit freundlichem Gruß/Best Regards
Ingo Elfering
www.MedicalDataService.de

(un)subscribe xml-dev