   Please send non-English XML example documents

  • From: "Falk, Alexander" <falk@icon.at>
  • To: "'xml-dev@ic.ac.uk'" <xml-dev@ic.ac.uk>, XML-L@LISTSERV.HEANET.IE
  • Date: Wed, 3 Mar 1999 00:33:33 +0100

Title: Please send non-English XML example documents

Hi,

we are currently in the process of working on version 2.0 of our XML Spy editor (http://www.xmlspy.com), which will include full support for Unicode. To run a somewhat complete test-suite of all the various scripting systems of this planet, we are still looking for non-English and non-German XML example files that we could use for testing purposes.

We would be especially interested in XML documents stored in any of the following encoding formats:

        ISO-8859-5 (Cyrillic)
        ISO-8859-6 (Arabic)
        ISO-8859-7 (Greek)
        ISO-8859-8 (Hebrew)

        ISO-8859-2 (Latin-2, East European)
        ISO-8859-3 (Latin-3, South European)
        ISO-8859-4 (Latin-4, North European)
        ISO-8859-9 (Latin-5, Turkish)
        ISO-8859-14 (Latin-8)
        ISO-8859-15 (Latin-9)

        Shift-JIS

and in any pure Unicode XML document that uses characters between U+0100 and U+3000 or between U+AC00 and U+FFFF and is stored in any of these formats:

        Unicode UTF-8
        Unicode UTF-16
        Unicode UCS-4

We do already have collected some Japanese Unicode XML documents (U+3000 - U+9FFF) and a bunch of Chinese files, but are of course always interested in a couple more, if you happen to have some.

Please send your files (preferably less than 100 kBytes each) as e-mail attachments to our support address:

        mailto:support@icon-is.com

and do encapsulate them in a common archive or compression format (if possible) for safe transfer through the Internet. We can easily process .zip, .gz, .tar, and .hqx file formats.

If you have larger XML documents (> 100 kBytes) that you'd like to share with us, please send an e-mail with either a URL where we can fetch the document, or a brief description of the document so that we will be able to get back to you and tell you if we still need samples for that particular script or language.

Your help is greatly appreciated!

Sincerely,

Alexander Falk

... Icon Informations-Systeme GmbH