   Re: parsing spec.dtd & XML spec with nsgmls Re: W3C spec.dtd

  • From: Stefan Mintert <mintert@irb.informatik.uni-dortmund.de>
  • To: xml-dev@ic.ac.uk
  • Date: Fri, 05 Mar 1999 14:43:50 +0100

 > Add -c/tmp/sm/sp-1.3/pubtext/xml.soc to the command line so nsgmls
 > reads the xml.soc catalog that tells it to use the SGML Declaration
 > for XML, xml.dcl.  That SGML Declaration tells nsgmls what hexadecimal
 > character references look like.  Without it, things like &x2014; are
 > being interpreted as per ISO 8879:1986, which isn't doing you or the
 > parser any good.
 >
 > Regards,
 >

 > Tony Graham

Thanks to everybody who answered my question. Thanks to Tony. Yes, you're
right, with -c... it works. I'm was bit confused about that because I have
'Set the SGML_CATALOG_FILES environment variable to point to the file
pubtext/xml.soc' as explained in http://www.jclark.com/sp/xml.htm.

In fact I used my own old catalog file.
Now I checked the xml.dcl that I used and the one that is part of sp:
Unfortunately I used "ISO 8879:1986 (ENR)" instead of "ISO 8879:1986 (WWW)"
:-(

Thanks for your help!

Bye,

 Stefan.

  Stefan Mintert
       UniDo:    mintert@irb.informatik.uni-dortmund.de
       private:  stefan@mintert.com

        "let the music keep our spirits high..."

                                (Jackson Browne)

(un)subscribe xml-dev
subscribe xml-dev-digest
List coordinator, Henry Rzepa (mailto:rzepa@ic.ac.uk)