   Mapping elements in architectural forms

  • From: John Hockaday <johnh@erin.gov.au>
  • To: xml-dev@ic.ac.uk
  • Date: Mon, 8 Mar 1999 17:55:30 +1100 (EST)

Hi,

I am using architectural forms to map elements from a client document
instance of a client DTD to a base document of a base DTD using the SP
software by James Clark.  The problem is that the structure of the
elements and sub-elements in the client document do not exactly match
the base DTDs elements and sub-elements and I don't know how to relate
this in the mapping DTD.

For example, sub-elements "b" and "c" occur in element "a" in the
client DTD but in the base DTD sub-elements "b" occur in element "a"
but sub-element "c" occurs in element "d".

	Client				Base
	======				====

	<a>				<a>
	   <b>				   <b>
	   <c>				</a>
	</a>				<d>
					   <c>
					</d>

If I map "a" to "a", "b" to "b" and "c" to "c" in the mapping DTD the
parser gives an error that "a" has not been finished and that "c"
should not occur here in the base document.

Does anyone know how I can map the client elements to the base elements
in the mapping DTD to fix this problem?

John Hockaday - Systems Officer                                 GPO Box 787
email: johnh@erin.gov.au                                  Canberra ACT 2601
phone: +61 2 6274 1173  fax: +61 2 6274 1333                      Australia
URL:http://www.environment.gov.au/
ERIN          Environmental  Resources  Information  Network           ERIN