   Re: SAX RFD: ModSAX Predefined Features

  • From: MikeDacon@aol.com
  • To: b.laforge@jxml.com, xml-dev@ic.ac.uk
  • Date: Mon, 8 Mar 1999 08:40:47 EST

Hi Bill,

In a message dated 3/7/99 10:03:55 PM Eastern Standard Time,
b.laforge@jxml.com writes:
> Well, that might depend on the job of the filter. You may want to use a
> filter
>  to prune out the parts of the document you are not interested in BEFORE
>  the DOM is built.

I agree with you.  I was not saying that access to the DOM was the only
way to write a filter.  Just that filters can be based on walking a
DOM Document tree as you state below.

>  In general, I see several places where you might want to use a filter:
>
>      o  Transform events from a parser into something to be output.
>
>      o  Transform events from a parser before being accessed by an
> application.
>
>      o  Between a parser and the DOM.
>
>      o Transform events from a DOM walker into something to be output.

Best wishes,

 - Mike (mdaconta@aol.com)

(un)subscribe xml-dev
subscribe xml-dev-digest