   RE: FW: Namespaces and DTDs

  • From: <Marc.McDonald@Design-Intelligence.com>
  • To: <martind@netfolder.com>, <cbullard@hiwaay.net>
  • Date: Fri, 12 Mar 1999 14:37:27 -0800

Actually there is another representation of the information in the DTD
that is present: the application that uses the document. Unfortunately
the representation is in C++, Java or some other language. This
introduces a synchronization problem between the two.

The DOM api for instance gives you access to the parsed document tree,
but a sizable amount of independent code must be written to
essentially parse the DOM tree into the form the application needs.
The result is the structure is in 2 different forms, declarative and
procedural, which must be kept in sync.

Marc B McDonald
Principal Software Scientist
Design Intelligence, Inc