   Re: ModSAX: Proposed Core Features (heretical?)

  • From: "Bill la Forge" <b.laforge@jxml.com>
  • Date: Mon, 15 Mar 1999 16:14:09 -0500

From: Simon St.Laurent <simonstl@simonstl.com>
>I like the filters approach very much.  Perhaps it might be possible to
>implement that approach, and control it through options set with ModSAX -
>among other things, being able to order the parser to use a particular
>DTD/schema to process a document would get this poor DB admin out of his
>nightmare.  Hmmm....

Remember that some applications might want to process more than one
type of document. Validation and processing may vary depending on
document type, so long as the application (or its associated filter complex)
gets to decide which document types are valid and how they are to be
validated/processed. In terms of events, this would require a document
router of some kind.

Bill

(un)subscribe xml-dev
subscribe xml-dev-digest