   RE: FW: Namespaces and DTDs

  • From: <Marc.McDonald@Design-Intelligence.com>
  • To: <cbullard@hiwaay.net>, <martind@netfolder.com>
  • Date: Mon, 15 Mar 1999 14:44:17 -0800

I mean representation in the sense of some data structure representing
the document. Perhaps using a book as the example gave the wrong
connotation. If it were some kind of purchase order, the application
that is using the parser would create some representation of the
information - typically a tree of object representing the elements but
not required to be so.

I look at it as not only using XML to represent documents that are
rendered via a style sheet, but also information or data in the more
general sense which may be delivered a specific application. Moving
the information from an XML tree in DOM to whatever form the
application uses for the information represents another 'parser'.

Marc B McDonald
Principal Software Scientist
Design Intelligence, Inc
www.design-intelligence.com