   Re: who's on the XML WG?

  • From: Lisa Rein <lisarein@finetuning.com>
  • To: "Simon St.Laurent" <simonstl@simonstl.com>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Mar 1999 18:29:59 -0800

Simon St. Laurent wrote:

> It was odd last week to bump into people, talk briefly about XML
> developments, and then have to suddenly end the conversation because they
> can't talk any further.  Sort of spy-vs.-spy or something.

yes the cloak and dagger stuff is amusing, isn't it. yet necessary.

> I guess knowing who all these folks are would reduce the odds of such
> uncomfortable situations cropping up.

On the contrary -- just be understanding when such situations come up
and ....politely....back off....:-)

It's also important not to repeat details that sometimes slip out from
WG members, if it is your understanding that information "still isn't
public". Such is the life being a responsible XML journalist :-)

Jeez there must be three or four of us, at least :-)

lisa

ps.tip: If you're really THAT curious, you can look at the names at the
end of specs, sometimes, to get names.

\

> Simon St.Laurent
> XML: A Primer