   XML and Sybase

  • From: Avneet Sawhney <sawhneya@ms.com>
  • To: xml-dev@ic.ac.uk, sawhneya@ms.com
  • Date: Mon, 22 Mar 1999 18:00:52 -0500

Hi,

I would like to know what other people are doing with respect to using
XML in a Sybase environment. Will Sybase have any XML support in their
SQL server? Are there other products which could be used?

Most of the products I have seen for database integration seem to be
Windows centric, or they are tied to other database servers.

I want to leverage XML in the middle tier with the current Sybase
environment, but I prefer to use products(besides parsers, etc.) that
lend themselves to this work. I'm thinking i should not have to start
from scratch. as others would have come up against this as well.

BTW, with respect to other thread, I also thought one thing would be to
use XML to express all interaction with the database. With some more
detail, I guess this could be extended to also abstract the data model
as well. I have started working on this, but I am looking for better
ways to use XML in the middle tier. I know the "why's" of doing this,
and I would like to get info on some better "how's" in a C++/UNIX
environment.

Thanks,

-Avneet

(un)subscribe xml-dev