   RE: Is this invalid?

  • From: "Didier PH Martin" <martind@netfolder.com>
  • To: "'XML Dev'" <xml-dev@ic.ac.uk>, "Chris Lilley" <chris@w3.org>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Mar 1999 22:15:04 -0500

Hi Chris,

<YourComment>
Unless I am missing something here, the answer is really obvious - in
the XML specification.

http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-xml

I presume you mean something more complicated?
</YourComment>

<Reply>
Steve Newcomb gave me a good answer about the <!AFDR "ISO/IEC 10744:1997">
markup. And I should thank him for giving this information. I didn't knew
the origin of this markup and encountered it often for Hytime documents. I
thought that this was transfered to XML because XML is supposed to be a
subset of SGML. But Steve brought the information that this markup is not
even a SGML standard because it is not yes part of the SGML new spec. So,
let's put that in the perspective that's its a common practice but not yet
part of a published standard.

About the uppercase lowercase for prolog declarations I finally found the
clause specify uppercase by example like in the following clause:
[52]  AttlistDecl ::=  '<!ATTLIST' S Name AttDef* S? '>'
[53]  AttDef ::=  S Name S AttType S DefaultDecl
I got some doubt after being argued that these reserved keyword should be
uppercase and lowercase, my parser only accept uppercase. I am reassured
now, the parser is OK.
</Reply>

Regards

(un)subscribe xml-dev