   MDServlet

  • From: "Simon St.Laurent" <simonstl@simonstl.com>
  • Date: Fri, 26 Mar 1999 11:42:12 -0500

I've built a small servlet front-end for MDSAX that's highly (perhaps too)
configurable.  My favorite feature is that you need to know pretty much
nothing about SAX or MDSAX to make it work beyond a basic understanding of
ContextML, which isn't nearly as difficult.  Using this tool, you can use
pretty much all the tools (filters) provided with MDSAX to manipulate
documents before transmission, and you can add your own filters to MDSAX
and control them from MDServlet.

Details are available at
http://www.simonstl.com/projects/mdservlet/index.html.

For my next project, I'm hoping to build a factory class that'll make James
Clark's XT easy to fit in the framework, so XSL transformations will be
possible.  (They aren't at present.)  If anyone would like to contribute to
that (especially if you've figured out how XT fits in a SAX-based
environment), I'd love to hear from you.

Simon St.Laurent
XML: A Primer
Sharing Bandwidth / Cookies
http://www.simonstl.com