   RE: Maybe a naive question about XML Data

  • From: Mark Birbeck <Mark.Birbeck@iedigital.net>
  • To: "'xml-dev@ic.ac.uk'" <xml-dev@ic.ac.uk>
  • Date: Fri, 26 Mar 1999 20:17:16 -0000

I think also the fact that regardless of what standard is adopted the
presence of namespaces and the fact that definitions can be 'open' is
something well worth getting the hang of now. I'm using the IE5 stuff
knowing full well that it may change, because these concepts are not
present in DTDs, and so it's the only way to experiment with them.

BTW, since everything that can be represented in a DTD can be
represented in XML-Data, then you could just transform your XML to DTDs
when it leaves your system. Then, as another writer said, you hide the
specifics behind a general interface.

Regards,

Mark

mailto:xml-dev@ic.ac.uk