   virus alert!!! Re: Important Message From Fred McLain

  • From: "Jeff Greif" <jmg@trivida.com>
  • To: "Fred McLain" <fmclain@cdgpd.com>
  • Date: Fri, 26 Mar 1999 15:43:14 -0800

Fred,

This message that you just sent to the recipients below contains an
attachment with an MS Word Macro virus.  Earlier today I got the same thing
from someone else.  Apparently, the macros installed by the virus when you
open the attachment sends the 'Important message' to everyone in your
address book or contact list, thus spreading it pretty fast.  It would be
good if you warned your correspondents not to open the attachment.
Apparently the virus tries to run MS Outlook to re-distribute itself; I was
lucky (I hope) and all attempts to send it onward failed (with error message
box) since I don't have Outlook properly installed and don't use it.

Jeff