   RE: xhtml and the p tag

  • From: Daniel Austin <daniela@cnet.com>
  • To: "'Mark D. Anderson'" <mda@discerning.com>, XML List <xml-dev@ic.ac.uk>
  • Date: Mon, 29 Mar 1999 11:06:26 -0800

Mark,

	This has not changed from HTML 4.0. All of your paragraphs in XHTML
documents should be enclosed with <p>...</p>
element delimiters. Since the <p> element is itself a block level element,
it cannot itself contain any block level elements.
The construction <p/> has to my knowledge never been acceptable markup in
either HTML or XHTML documents.

Regards,

D-

(speaking for myself, rather than any working group or corporation)

(un)subscribe xml-dev
subscribe xml-dev-digest
List coordinator, Henry Rzepa (mailto:rzepa@ic.ac.uk)