   OFF: Attachments to list

  • From: "Heikki Toivonen" <heikki@citec.fi>
  • To: <xml-dev@ic.ac.uk>
  • Date: Tue, 30 Mar 1999 09:02:50 +0300

Instead of flaming people who send attachments to this list, why not use an
automated tool that refuses to send messages with attachments to this list?

For example, the Frame Users list (see http://www.FrameUsers.com) has a
system that checks if messages contains attachments or other illegal stuff.
If the screening program thinks something is wrong, it will reply to the
original sender with the message, explaining what was wrong.

One has to be careful with vCards, though, because many people do not
realize they are considered attachments (happened even to me, I used vCard
at one time as my .sig and I could not understand why FrameUsers bot was
saying I had an attachment in my email:).

--
  Heikki Toivonen
  http://www.doczilla.com

(un)subscribe xml-dev