   DOM

  • From: hassan.hussein@zurich.com
  • To: xml-dev@ic.ac.uk
  • Date: Thu, 1 Apr 1999 15:35:01 +0100

Forgive me for asking these which may seem obvious to you!

I have been trying to get involved with XML/Java world for the past 3 months.  I
would like to be clear about few topics.

What exactly does DOM do and how does it work with XML parsers?
What exactly does SAX  do and how does it work with XML parsers?
What exactly does SAXON do and how does it work with XML parsers?
What is the different between the above three tools?
Does a parser have to have DOM in order to work?
Does a parser have to have SAX in order to work?
What do you use in order to create an XML document programmatically?

Please help me get started.

Thanks

Hassan

(un)subscribe xml-dev