   RE: regexp lib for java xml development?

  • From: Ed Howland <Ed@dega.com>
  • To: "'xml-dev@ic.ac.uk'" <xml-dev@ic.ac.uk>
  • Date: Mon, 5 Apr 1999 17:36:40 -0700

ORO has both AwkTools and PerlTools and OROMatcher. I think you need to
combine OROMatcher with one of these to make it work. Please let me know if
you get this to work and how.

On a meta-note: I've seen some of the C/C++ GNU utils ported to Java. (Not
many though.) Its a real shame that there isn't a more concerted effort to
do this. Having GNU in my C++ days was a real godsend. I didn't have to
re-invent many wheels or pay for good quality code to get the work done.

Ed

Ed Howland
ed@dega.com
http://www.dega.com
"As your attorney, I advise you to take some adrenalchrome"

mailto:xml-dev@ic.ac.uk
Archived as: http://www.lists.ic.ac.uk/hypermail/xml-dev/ and on CD-ROM/ISBN
981-02-3594-1
(un)subscribe xml-dev