   Compiled XML/Binary XML/Structured XML, Was: Re: ASN.1

  • From: "Stephen D. Williams" <sdw@lig.net>
  • To: Peter Wilson <pwilson@gorge.net>
  • Date: Sun, 18 Apr 1999 23:50:06 -0400

A couple weeks ago a number of us were talking about 'binary XML' or 'bXML' after I brought
the topic up.  The name is in flux but I'm working on code as time permits before I blab
anymore...

You have arrived at many of the same conclusions.

I'll point out that I believe that cXML is used for Commerce XML or something like that,
although I like the connotations of 'compiled'.  When we have something working and battle out
the details we can choose ;-).

Please note that we're not directly in agreement yet, but the basic goals of optimization
appear to be compatible.

sdw

(un)subscribe xml-dev
subscribe xml-dev-digest