   Re: DOM - Creating Documents

  • From: "Don Park" <donpark@quake.net>
  • To: "'XML-DEV'" <xml-dev@ic.ac.uk>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Apr 1999 08:18:44 -0700

Ronald,

> 1) Docuverse requires you to pass a string, presumably the root element
> type.  I assume the reason for this is so that the returned Document will
> represent a well-formed document. None of the other implementations appear
> to require this.

Actually, you are atttributing me with too much cleverness.  Docuverse's
DOM.createDocument was modeled after the portion of the DOM Level 1 spec
that fell off the wagon before release.

> 2) Is it really not possible to create a new Document with IBM's classes?
>  I can't find a method for doing it.

Have you tried the constructor?  I don't know much about XML4j but
DataChannel's so called Most Advanced XML Parser uses constructor to create
new Documents.

Best,

Don Park
Docuverse