   XML::Writer 0.2, with Namespace support

  • From: David Megginson <david@megginson.com>
  • To: "XML Developers' List" <xml-dev@ic.ac.uk>
  • Date: Sun, 25 Apr 1999 10:28:53 -0400 (EDT)

I have just uploaded a new version of the XML::Writer module to the
following location:

  http://www.megginson.com/Software/XML-Writer-0.2.tar.gz

(It will also be appearing on CPAN as soon as it gets through the
tests.)  This version contains some significant new enhancements,
including intelligent namespace support; for example, to create a
document with Namespaces, you can use something like this:

  my $rdfns = "http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#";
  my $dcns = "http://www.purl.org/dc#";
  my $davidsurl = "http://home.sprynet.com/sprynet/dmeggins/";

  $writer->startTag([$rdfns, 'RDF']);
  $writer->startTag([$rdfns, 'Description'],
                    'about' => 'http://www.megginson.com');
  $writer->startTag([$dcns, 'Creator'],
                    [$rdfns, 'resource'] => $davidsurl);
  $writer->endTag();
  $writer->endTag();
  $writer->endTag();
  $writer->end();

The module will generate prefixes automatically; however, if you have
certain preferred prefixes (like 'rdf' or 'dc') you can supply them in
a map in the constructor:

  my $rdfns = "http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#";
  my $dcns = "http://www.purl.org/dc#";
  my $writer = new XML::Writer(NAMESPACES => 1,
                               PREFIX_MAP => {$rdfns => 'rdf',
                                              $dcns => 'dc'});

There are also new query functions to obtain information about the
current context.

All the best,

David

           http://www.megginson.com/