   No Subject

  • From: roddey@us.ibm.com
  • To: xml-dev@ic.ac.uk
  • Date: Mon, 26 Apr 1999 12:29:23 -0600

>Snarfed from the very useful guide.html that came with the IBM xml4j
>(version 1.1.9) distribution (the documentation has changed in later
>versions, and I haven't looked for
>the replacement.):
>
><Quotation>
>Creating a new XML document is a three step process. First, create the
>TXDocument, which is the concrete implementation of Document. Second,
create
>the various XML objects using the TXDocument's create* methods. Finally,
use
>appendChild to append these appropriately to the TXDocument or
sub-Elements.
>Make a TXDocument instance.
>
>TXDocument doc = new TXDocument();

Be forwarned that the 'TX' stuff is being deprecated in the version 2.x
architecture. That functionality is being implemented in other ways, which
keep it cleanly out of the core DOM stuff (for better layering of blessed
stuff vs. extended stuff.) There is a 'TX compatibility' layer that
provides most of that functionality in the old way, to help people move
forward. But don't make use of it in any new code based on our 2.x system.
The TX stuff won't be in the C++ version at all.

(un)subscribe xml-dev
subscribe xml-dev-digest
List coordinator, Henry Rzepa (mailto:rzepa@ic.ac.uk)