   Re: Dreadfully tedious questions

  • From: "Steve Oldmeadow" <smo@jst.com.au>
  • To: <xml-dev@ic.ac.uk>
  • Date: Wed, 5 May 1999 09:42:12 +0800

----- Original Message -----
From: Joshua E. Smith <jesmith@kaon.com>
To: XML Developers' List <xml-dev@ic.ac.uk>
Sent: 04/05/1999 7:48
Subject: re: Dreadfully tedious questions

> xml4c++'s disclaimers ("this software sucks" is the general drift, sort of
> like the mozilla disclaimers) are pretty scary.  Also, how big is the
> redistributable DLL?  (I'm not going to sign their license unless there's
> chance it'll be small enough to be practical in a plug-in)

Currently the DLL is 597Kb.  They give you the source so you could try to
optimise the size yourself, my understanding is you are allowed to do this
under the license but you must give what you produce to IBM which I think is
fair enough considering what they are giving you.

You have to understand this is early alpha code so you would be crazy to
base a shipping product on it but I think it will be a good bet for the
future.

Steve Oldmeadow
Justice Systems Technologies

(un)subscribe xml-dev