   RE: IE5 brain damage

  • From: "Lippmann, Jens" <LippmannJ@mmanet.com>
  • To: 'Elliotte Rusty Harold' <elharo@metalab.unc.edu>, xml-dev@ic.ac.uk
  • Date: Wed, 5 May 1999 13:59:01 -0400

Open Explorer. Go to View|Folder Options. Go to the File Types Tab look XML
document
in the Registered file types box, click edit and edit the "open" command to
""D:\PROGRA~1\Plus!\MICROS~1\iexplore.exe" -nohome " or wherever
iexplorer.exe resides on your machine. If that is already your Open command
path, check whether you have "Open" as a default command and not "Edit".

Good luck!

Jens