   Re: Benchmark of 6 XML parsers on Linux

  • From: Dave Winer <dave@userland.com>
  • To: xml-dev@ic.ac.uk
  • Date: Sun, 09 May 1999 15:07:16 -0700

 >>Does this mean that Frontier doesn't have a callback mode? How do you
deal with huge documents, then?

First, thanks for the explanation. It helps me understand what the issues
are, and what they are not.

Frontier's parser does not have a callback mode. It generates a tree in our
object database, and then the script code can walk the tree and do whatever
it wants. It's the same thing, and my guess is that a real-world Frontier
application would probably perform no better or worse than a Python or Perl
one.

Dave

(un)subscribe xml-dev
subscribe xml-dev-digest