   Re: Argh...Entities

  • From: Tim Bray <tbray@textuality.com>
  • To: XML Dev <xml-dev@ic.ac.uk>
  • Date: Tue, 11 May 1999 11:45:03 -0700

At 02:27 PM 5/11/99 -0400, John Cowan wrote:
>Your argument is sound.  I am converted.
>Down with all entity declarations in XSchema!

I'm starting to feel that way too... (BTW, I am *not* on the
Schema WG); but there is an awkwardness in that it would be
nice if schemas were a pure superset of DTDs.  Which they
can't be if they don't do entities.

To take up another thread; it is important both to send comments
to the official address, and to discuss this stuff around here,
often surprising truths emerge from the noise.  I'm holding
off anything saying anything by official channel until I've
listened here for a while. -T.

(un)subscribe xml-dev
subscribe xml-dev-digest
List coordinator, Henry Rzepa (mailto:rzepa@ic.ac.uk)