   [Question] Re: XLink: behavior must go!

  • From: "John E. Simpson" <simpson@polaris.net>
  • To: xml-dev@ic.ac.uk
  • Date: Sun, 16 May 1999 18:21:38 -0400

This thread's sort of calmed down in the last few days, but I've been
wondering something.

Would it be fair to say that the behavior attribute of an XLinking element
is intended to function as a sort of localized (element-context-specific)
PI -- a trigger to XLink-smart processors that is ignorable by others? If
so, in what way is such an attribute more problematic than actual PIs?

(Btw, as I said earlier, I agree with much of what Paul Prescod said in his
opening post on the thread. This is just a matter of curiosity.)
John E. Simpson            | The secret of eternal youth
simpson@polaris.net        | is arrested development.
http://www.flixml.org      |  -- Alice Roosevelt Longworth

(un)subscribe xml-dev
subscribe xml-dev-digest