   Re: RDF et IDL ?

  • From: Paul Prescod <paul@prescod.net>
  • To: xml-dev@ic.ac.uk
  • Date: Mon, 17 May 1999 12:36:47 -0500

Mike Spreitzer wrote:

> > 1/ Could it be possible to do a mapping between an RDF schema
> > specification
> > and an IDL interface (a kind of rdftoidl) ? Looking for some
> > information...
>
> Well, if someone had (1) a mapping between RDF schemas and XML schemas,
> and (2) a mapping between XML schemas and IDL, those would give you what
> you want --- and two mappings that have many further uses themselves!

I think that RDF schemas have a lot more in common with IDL than XML
schemas do...concepts of nodes and properties, properties can be richly
structured etc.

 http://itrc.uwaterloo.ca/~papresco

The dress code in Las Cruces New Mexico has been tightened [to] target
Gothic clothing, such as dark trench coats. "It is not a witch hunt"
Superintendent Jesse L. Gozales said. "It is for the safety of the kids
in our schools."  - Associated Press, May 16 1999

(un)subscribe xml-dev
subscribe xml-dev-digest
List coordinator, Henry Rzepa (mailto:rzepa@ic.ac.uk)