   Re: Using ID's usefully ?

  • From: Winton Davies <wdavies@cs.stanford.edu>
  • To: "John E. Simpson" <simpson@polaris.net>
  • Date: Thu, 20 May 1999 22:08:13 -0700

Thanks John,

  Not sure if I understand the difference - surely an id is like an
"address" to a piece of data (albeit in this case, wrapped up in the
tags). If it is just to mark the structure, what possible purpose
could it serve.

I'm happy to use it only in attribute fields, but it seems such a
kludge (as one can't specifiy the TYPE of the attribute), and worse
doesn't seem to follow the nexted model.

    Cheers,
      Winton
E-Mail:      wdavies@cs.stanford.edu (Winton Davies)
WWW:         http://www-cs.stanford.edu/~wdavies
Tel:         OFFICE: 1-650-725-7469 (USA)  FAX: 1-650-725-7411
Address:     Room 206, Gates, Stanford University, CA 94305, USA

(un)subscribe xml-dev
subscribe xml-dev-digest
List coordinator, Henry Rzepa (mailto:rzepa@ic.ac.uk)