   RE: Accepting $.02

  • From: Mark Birbeck <Mark.Birbeck@iedigital.net>
  • To: XML Dev <xml-dev@ic.ac.uk>
  • Date: Mon, 24 May 1999 23:25:15 +0100

> For anyone interested, we have developed a fun application using
> Microsoft's stock index demo as a template.  We've thrown in a little
> *twist* that some of you might enjoy ... because our app is
> tied to real
> data, converted to XML, and displayed on the client with XSL
> (IE 5.0 only).
>  Have fun and let us know what you think!!

The XML doesn't match the schema provided. Of course, since you're not
validating client-side it doesn't matter anyway, but you have a schema
that wants a portfolio element as the top container, and your document
has one called quotes.

Anyway, far more interesting would be the conversion from the 'popular
portal' to XML. Any comments you're prepared to share on that?

Best wishes,

Mark

Mark Birbeck
w: http://www.iedigital.net/
e: Mark.Birbeck@iedigital.net

> Charlie Kaiman
> i3solutions, Inc.
>
> xml-dev: A list for W3C XML Developers. To post,
> mailto:xml-dev@ic.ac.uk
> Archived as: http://www.lists.ic.ac.uk/hypermail/xml-dev/ and
> on CD-ROM/ISBN 981-02-3594-1
> To (un)subscribe, mailto:majordomo@ic.ac.uk the following message;